"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people just exist." -Oscar Wilde

Monday, July 1, 2013

Peanut Butter Balls

We're having a nice heatwave here in the Pacific Northwest, and of course I have a sweet tooth. I can't/don't want to use the oven, so I decided to try a no bake desert. Of course, I turned to Pinterest, and after being totally overwhelmed by the number of pins associated with no bake desserts, I decided to make something that was easy, with ingredients I knew were in the pantry. Let's just say I was pleasantly surprised with the result.

These are perfect. Sweet. Chocolate-y. Peanut butter-y. Healthy. Filling. Easy. Fast. Cheap. It doesn't get any better than that. Copy down the recipe. I'll wait while you grab a pen and paper. You won't be disappointed.

No Bake Peanut Butter Balls
(Original Source: http://www.snack-girl.com/snack/no-bake-peanut-butter-ball/)

1/2 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup flour
1/4 peanut butter (I used crunchy, but either will work depending on what you want)
1/4 cup maple syrup
chocolate chips

Pulse oats in a food processor until flour- like. Add other ingredients and pulse in food processor until dough forms (mixing in a bowl works too!). If dough is too dry, add water or more maple syrup. After dough is mixed, mix in chocolate chips if desired. Roll the dough into golf ball size balls and enjoy!

If they last more than 10 minutes, the leftover balls can be refrigerated for a cool treat later!

Another bonus: all you need is a food processor, medium sized bowl, and a spoon. I love easy clean-ups.

You're welcome. (I apologize for the lack of pictures in this post, but by the time I had a chance to take one, the balls were gone. I think they're pretty self explanatory, and there's pictures on the original post!)

Instead, in honor of the sunny weather, I think this picture is a good fit. I took it a few years ago on a beach trip with my family, and its just so beautiful. I never get tired of looking at it.


No comments:

Post a Comment